Sunday, January 13, 2008

A bit of fun this semester

Dear Diary,
Remember how I mentioned that knitting group. Well it went great. Apparently there are tons of people at Hogwarts that knit. The headmistress has set up a swap to promote inter-house relations. We all have to make a sock kit for someone in their house colors. It is a secret swap, so they aren't supposed to know who is making stuff for them. I will say, that I have a Slytherin. There aren't a lot of them participating so it might be a bit easy for them to figure it out. But we'll see. If I at least tell you it is a Slytherin, I can let you see pictures of what I'm making. I get so excited about making things for my swap partner I keep forgetting that I will be getting something in return. In lovely Ravenclaw colors.
The best part of this whole thing is we have special permission from the Headmistress to go into Hogsmeade, even as a first year. Otherwise, we would have an awful time trying to find stuff for our partner. I went yesterday and found the perfect fabric. I was going to knit a bag, but one of my fellow Ravenclaws offered to share her sewing machine. And I wrote my Mum to send me a pattern. I bought a lot of fabric so maybe I'll have some to spare to make a few extra things.

No comments: