Monday, January 7, 2008

Made it to Hogwarts

Wow Diary, it has been a crazy few days. It turns out that not only was I going shopping with Nana, but that I was leaving for Hogwarts from my Nana's. We went shopping in a place called Diagon Alley. It had everything a witch or wizard could want. My Nana even got me a couple presents in honor of my acceptance. She got me my very own cat. I named her Ashes. She is almost black, but if you look at her in some light she looks like a white and grey stripped cat that rolled in a bucket of ashes. Hence her name. Nana also gave me one of Aunt Emma's books. It was One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore. But the best part it, it is full of Aunt Emma's notes and pictures and all sorts of tips and tricks. I can't wait for this class now.

We had a big ceremony at the beginning of school. There we all got to sit under the sorting hat. I was sorted into the Ravenclaw house. I would have liked Hufflepuff since that is where Aunt Emma was, but everyone seems so great. Now it is time for bed. This all seems like a dream.

No comments: