Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I got my letter of acceptance

Dear Diary,

Oh my Goodness!!! I got a letter today that has changed my life. I have been accepted into Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am so excited. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Mum gave me this new diary. Said it belonged to my great aunt Emma. She also said it was magical and that I should treat it as if I were talking to a person. So I'll introduce myself and tell you a bit about me.

My name is Cassandra, Cassandra Hopkirk. I am 11 years old and I live in Cambridge, England with my mum and dad. They didn't seem to shocked to find out I am a witch. In fact, when I got the letter, they sat me down for a talk. Seems that my great aunt Emma (she's my Nana's sister) was a witch too. A right good one apparently. She went to Hogwarts when she was a girl. She was a Hufflepuff (not sure what that means). Apparently Emma was real popular at family reunions where she was famous for turning people into ferrets. Apparently she was real good at herbology (something about plants) and when she got out of school, she opened a flower shop with my Nana. Which happened to be the same one I have worked at with my Nana for the past 2 summers. Unfortunately I never got to meet Aunt Emma. She died when I was a little baby. I bet she would have been fun. But it does explain a lot about some of the plants that are kept in the back room of the shop. I'm not supposed to be in there, but I snuck in. I swore up and down that one of the plants tried to bite me. Of course Nana said I was being silly, but now I think not. But I am excited to learn a bit about this Herbology business.

I'm glad Mum gave me this diary. Especially if it was Aunt Emma's. It gives me a great place to talk about all this stuff, since Mum and Dad seem a bit out of their element, but excited. They said that Nana can answer more of my questions then they can so we are going to visit next weekend. She lives in London so Nana said we'll go shopping then too. Hopefully she knows where to find all this stuff. Where in the world do you buy a cauldron?

No comments: